Complaints Handling Policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, we ask that you provide us with details of the same in writing to our Compliance Manager, Holly Houghton at:
Accident Claims Lawyers
Suite 104, South Harrington Building
We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Legal Ombudsman.
What will happen next?
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within seven days of receiving it. We will also record your complaint in a central register and open a separate file for dealing with your complaint.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve our Compliance Manager, Holly Houghton, reviewing your matter file and speaking to the member(s) of staff who acted for you, and may also involve asking you to clarify particular details within your complaint.
- We have a period of eight weeks from the date of receipt of your complaint in which to investigate and provide you with our detailed response, however we will endeavour to do so within 14 days of our acknowledgment.
- In the event you are not satisfied with our response, you can write to us again and we will arrange to review our decision.
- Following a further review, we will write to you within seven days confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman above your complaint, at the following address:
PO Box 6806
Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it).
Accident Claims Lawyers is committed to ensuring that all Partners, Members, Consultants and Employees give their full co-operation to the Legal Ombudsman in the event of any dispute or complaint against the firm.